After much deliberation on how I want to do my Project Life for 2015, I have decided to change things up a bit. I think some change is good! But at the same time, a few things will remain the same. This will help me actually get it done. Here are my plans:
Things I am going to do different:
- I am going to switch from weekly to monthly. Or at least I am going to give it a try for January and see how it goes. Hoping it will stick.
- No more mini albums. I can’t stick with them, I know this. Everything will go into Project Life. This even means no December Daily next December. I just never seem to get it done in a mini format and have too many unfinished mini’s laying around. I need to put a stop to this.
- Incorporate my One Little Word documentation into my album.
- I am going to use a variety of photo sizes and page protectors to tell my story (this is in an attempt to use up some of the page protectors I just had to have that have been sitting just waiting to be used).
Things I am going to do the same:
- I am still going to use a 12×12 album. I just don’t think that I could fit it all into anything smaller. Besides, I have years and years worth of the white signature albums that Becky Higgins had on Amazon. I bought a ton of them when they went on clearance and I love how they look on my shelves all matching.
- I am going to continue to use the monthly project life kit from Studio Calico along with printables from The Lilypad
- I am going to continue to use the computer for journaling. While I don’t love my handwriting, I do love typography. I love the readability of typed journaling too.
- I am going to keep printing my photos with a white border. I love this look so much.
Here is a look at my title page for 2015.
I decided to go with a 6×12 Becky Higgins page protector and One Little Bird’s newest release, Silver Linings, over at The Lilypad. I printed everything on vellum and sort of love how it turned out. I added the 2 tone heart and the Hello, both from my shop, and called it done. There is also a peek at the beginning of my January pages. I am going to start each month with one of these gold foil calendars from Studio Calico. I love these and have decided not to hoard them, but use them each month in my album.
Look for a post with my first few January pages soon! I am also working on catching up on 2014 Project Life at the same time. Wish me luck!
Please ask any questions you have in the comments! Also, you can sign up to receive a email when I make a new post over on the right.